( to edit this page anonymously, or to be credited for your work.)
Details on how to remove decals.
- Eraser wheel.
- Heat gun (may be risky).
- Hair dryer.
 Crud removal air tool
Like a pneumatic angle grinder, but designed for rotary stripping discs. Used for removing seam sealers, rust, paint, and underbody coatings. Used with an eraser wheel for pinstripe and decal removal.
- SnapOn PT280THUGA Air Removal Tool, Info sheet -- also known as the "Crud Thug".
- "The Stripper", from TP Tools & Equipment
- MBX Blaster
 Eraser wheels
- 3M Stripe Off Wheel -- designed for removing decals, graphics, and tapes. Optimum speed is 2,000 RPM. About $30.
 Solvents and cleaning fluids
Can generally be applied with a spray bottle, and used in conjunction with one or more of the tools mentioned above.
- Cleaning solvent like mineral spirits, isopropyl alcohol, or Varsol.
- Paint thinner.
- Goo Gone
- Goof Off
- PB Blaster decal and sticker remover
- Warm water.
- Lighter fluid.
- Acetone (nail polish remover).
- Rubbing compound.
- Adhesive/decal and vinyl stripe removers from TCPGlobal.com
 3M Woodgrain and Stripe Adhesive Remover
3M Woodgrain and Stripe Adhesive Remover -- For cleaning off adhesive residue after removal of woodgrain vinyl or vinyl stripes. Can be used on all acrylic enamel painted metal surfaces.