Swapping out a TH350 for a TH700R4
From Crankshaft Coalition Wiki
(Redirected from Swapping out a T-350 for a 700r4)
( to edit this page anonymously, or to be credited for your work.)
Swapping out a TH350 transmission for a TH700R4.
This swap to the TH700R4/4L60/4L60E transmission requires several changes.
- The overdrive transmission is longer than a TH350 that has a 6 inch tail housing. A TH350 with a 9 inch tail housing is similar in length to the TH700R4.
- The 4x4 output shaft of the TH700R4 is longer and requires a shaft change to a custom shaft from Advance Adapters.
- Crossmembers must be moved.
- Drive shaft lengths (4x4) may need changed depending on the truck configuration(lifted, etc.).
- You need to hook up the wiring to the TH700R4 transmission to have converter lockup control. There are several kits available from simple to road speed adjustable designs, or the wiring can be done from scratch.