First paint job tips
A list of clear and concise tips for new painters.
If you have a tip to add, please click the "edit" button on the right, and add it in. If you want to discuss a potential tip before adding it, please do so via the "discussion" tab at the top of this page.
- Always follow the manufacturers' recommendations for every product that you use. This usually means thoroughly reading the associated tech sheets, which are typically available for download from the manufacturer's website. For further detail, see Rules, Rules, Rules, an editorial post by MARTINSR on the Hotrodders Bulletin Board.
- Never soda blast unless you know how to completely remove the residue, and fully understand the complexities associated with soda blasting. See: Soda blasting.
- Autobody101.com forums
- Autobodyonline.com forums
- Autobodystore forums
- Hotrodders.com body and exterior forum
- SPI Users forum
- http://spi.forumup.org/about2379-0-asc-0-spi.html (lots of tips here, needs to be incorporated into article)